Saturday, January 19, 2013

On Grief

Hey everyone,

This last week I lost my sweet Grandma, Peggy Lou. Now that's a Southern name if you've ever heard one, right?

In all fairness, she did frequently remark that I was gonna throw her into a conniption fit, called me Sugar and lived off of sweet tea.

Towards the end of her life, she began to show signs of dementia, then Alzheimer's. Sometimes she joked about it, knowing that the wrong thing came out of her mouth. Other times, she was angry or sad that her brain wasn't working the way she wanted it to.

She loved kids. She raised two of her own, my dad and aunt; taught Sunday School; hugged a kid whenever one walked close enough to her.

She was a sweet, if ornery, lady, and I miss her very much.

I promise I'll get back to my usual happy posts. Today, I just needed to share a little about this wonderful woman.

Lizi

No comments:

Post a Comment